Vişamāgni : Irregular , Unpredictable - Irregular Metabolism is associated with excess vata ie the air and ether element.
Some of the signs and symptoms of Vişamāgni are :
• Irregular appetite, variable digestion, indigestion
• Abdominal distension, gas, colicky pain
• Alternating constipation and diarrhea
• Dry mouth, receding gums, dry skin, cracking joints
• Insomnia, anxiety, fear and insecurity.
Balancing Vişamāgni :
- A robust healthy routine is most useful for balancing Vişamāgni. This means eating meals at the same appropriate time everyday ie breakfast between 8 am and 9 am, Lunch between 12 and 1 pm and an early dinner by 6 pm. Sleeping at the same time everyday.
- Eat healthy fats such as avocados, sesame seeds, almonds and grounding nourishing foods ie sweet potatoes
- Kindle the digestive fire about 20 minutes before lunch and dinner by chewing a slice of fresh ginger (1/8 of an inch) with a pinch of sea salt . You can also drink it as a decoction .
- Its best to do gentle exercises like walking, hiking etc. Avoid over stimulating exercises.