Don't Eat While Driving | Yoga of Eating
• In a study of 1,000 drivers, it was discovered that more than 70% of drivers eat while driving - and 83% drink beverages.
• Another study revealed that a staggering 80% of all car accidents and 65% of near misses were caused by distracted drivers more focused on their food and drink than the road.
• Many people have their bites when the car stops at signal lights or when the traffic slows down. Eating in an erratic fashion is bad for health reasons.
• Ayurveda also recommends not to eat when in motion as it aggravates the Vata Dosha comprised of the Air and Ether elements leading to imbalances in the body
• Eating while driving may also make us eat under stress and lead to the tightening of the stomach muscles and impairs digestion.