Carrots are considered to be a perfect snack as they are nourishing, crunchy and delicious. They can be helpful in digestive, heart, eye health and even weight loss.
Here are some of the many benefits of consuming carrots from an Ayurvedic and Modern Nutrition point of view :
𝗔𝘆𝘂𝗿𝘃𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝗲𝘄 :
Carrots reduce Vata and Kapha. They may help with colicky pain, bloating of the abdomen, worm infestation, burning sensation and excessive thirst. They are also light to digest, could improve appetite and can be useful in diarrhea and IBS. They can be a helpful food in bleeding disorders and haemorrhoids.
𝗠𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗻 𝗡𝘂𝘁𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗩𝗶𝗲𝘄 :
• Carrots are a good source of fiber, beta carotene, potassium, vitamin K1 and antioxidants
• Carrots contain Lycopene, a bright red antioxidant found in many plant based sources including red and purple carrots. Lycopene could decrease the risk of cancer and even heart disease.
• Carrots contain Polyacetylenes ie bioactive compounds that may help protect against leukemia and other cancers.
• Carrots contain carotenoids. A diet rich in carotenoids may help protect against several types of cancer including colon, prostate and stomach cancers.
• Women with high circulating levels of carotenoids may also have a reduced risk of breast cancer .
Yoga of Eating always suggests eating a whole plant based diet as one of the steps towards optimal health. Nature has made all foods special and each edible ingredient has therapeutic benefits. Eating junk food regularly, living a unhealthy lifestyle and consuming Carrots may not give the ultimate desired results.
Note : If possible consume organic carrots.